Sex Therapy in Denver, CO
If you want to learn a bit more about sex therapy this is a good place to start.
We are fortunate to have an AASECT certified sex therapist on staff at the Center: owner and licensed marriage & family therapist, Jenny Glick. Sex therapy is a more specialized training than marriage or relationship counseling as it focuses on the fundamentals of sex, intercourse, outercourse, desire, arousal, sexual orientations, fetishes, kink and everything in between.
If you work with a marriage or couples counselor, you will likely be talking a bit about sex -- which is great, and REALLY important.
For some couples, sex is not a primary or central problem in their marriage so they may talk about sex in session but this is not a focus during the work with their therapist.
However, for some couples and for some individuals, their issues with desire, arousal, and some of the nuts-and-bolts of sex, require a little more focused attention.
Some of the issues that Jenny works with clients on includes:
- erectile dysfunction
- painful intercourse
- low libido or no libido
- "sexless" marriage
- new to sex and feeling self-conscious about performance
- becoming sexual again after a sexual trauma
- gap in desire or mismatched desire with partner
- 'flat' erotic life
- negotiating open, poly, and 'monogamish' relationships
- exploring less traditional sexual relationships (BDSM, swinging, fetishes, etc)
What you can expect working with a certified sex therapist is much of the same as from a 'regular' therapist:
- unconditional positive regard
You will also get some expertise as you are now working with someone with hundreds of hours of training in "all-things-sex":
- mechanics of sex, intimacy, and desire (psst...there really is a science behind this!)
- frank and open conversations about visually arousing media (i.e. porn) and how, and if, to use it
- an opportunity to explore your own thoughts, feelings, and fantasies and how to integrate these into your life in a healthy way
- a chance to find out "am I normal" (btw, chances are that you are!)
- resources and guidance to help you move forward as a healthy, whole sexual being in your life.
If you are not sure if you need to work with a sex therapist, call our Client Ambassador today -- they will put you in touch with Jenny our AASECT certified sex therapist to see if this service is right for you. AND Jenny offers online video counseling sessions.
Whether you live in Denver or in one of our mountain towns in Colorado:
...you can access high-quality sex therapy services!
Call (720) 457-3342 or book an appointment online by clicking on this link.
Don't wait one more day...we are standing by ready to guide you through this difficult time.