The Counseling Center of Cherry Creek is now offering online video counseling or teletherapy in addition to traditional face to face sessions . Known by a variety of terms, including e-counseling, digital therapy, cyber therapy, distance counseling, e-counseling, online therapy, and remote therapy, the goal is always the same: To provide quality personalized counseling that gets results. Now, we are just going to do it remotely from the comfort and safety of your home, office, or any confidential location of your choice.
Online counseling and video therapy has proven to be well-suited for couples, individual and sex therapy. It is conducted remotely via the internet or over the phone using a number of video calling platforms. We use several applications that allow for video counseling and teletherapy sessions to take place via desktop, laptop computer, iPad, or smartphone.
The Counseling Center of Cherry Creek has ushered in this new era of innovation as an opportunity to provide new access to quality therapy, and we now see people from every corner of Colorado. In addition, we can help people gain freedom from physical barriers that would inhibit their ability to come in and see us for emotional distress related to relationship conflicts, sexual concerns, and personal issues. Below you will find reasons we think you may really like Teletherapy, to see our FAQs click on the menu above.
As one of Denver's premier individual, couples and sex therapy services, we will be refining this new service model on an ongoing basis as we learn and gain feedback from our clientele. If you are ready to schedule, feel free to register through our home page or simply give us a call at 720-457-3342 to speak with a therapist now.
10 reasons to choose online therapy over face to face therapy
1. Intimacy and vulnerability are leveled up a notch. This is by far one of our favorite reasons. Meeting you in your regular habitat and seeing you in your real life is incredibly powerful. It's like a house call. A therapist can level more tailored advice and can more accurately assess your situation. For more on this click here (link to new blog page).
2. Unmasked expression is critical. Since seeing each other without a mask on these days is risky, the ability to see each others' facial expressions still exists with video therapy sessions. This is valuable feedback for both client and therapist.
3. Anxiety is reduced. Fear of possible Covid transmission is eliminated, no doors to touch; you can breathe easy and speak normally without fear of any contamination.
4. Do therapy where you want. Skip the traffic. Save the time of traveling by allowing you greater flexibility of engaging with a therapist. We can meet you where you are!
5. Busy schedules? No problem. Clients with busy schedules may find online therapy particularly appealing, which increases their access to counseling services.
6. Increases success rates. By making it easier to stay on track with your therapy, achieving your goals will come faster. There are fewer excuses to cancel and fewer reasons to quit when the therapists can be beamed into the place of our choosing.
7. Underserved communities now have access across the state. People in remote areas will discover the advantage of online counseling. Don’t fit with the therapist in your town, try one someplace else.
8. Greater accessibility. For those with physical or psychological limitations, it’s convenient and affordable.
9. You and your partner do not have to be in the same place. Thanks to the group meeting apps, we can bring people into a session who are geographically separated.
10. Added layers of privacy. Online access makes it easier to overcome the stigma that has historically been attached to mental health issues. There is no requirement to be seen entering a mental health office and no waiting room.